Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Sad Musings

There are times when the sadness and anxiety that sit inside me awaken and rattle my bones, catching me by surprise with their sudden and inexplicable timing. It comes slowly, burdening my shoulders slightly before the weight creeps down to my chest where the two sit as close friends, breathing silently, heavily. And with each heave, I see the people whom I love let me down. I see the faces of those for whom I care fade away. I see the cobblestones of the path I'm paving for myself and subsequently walk on suddenly break apart into an open abyss. They force me to sit down, tricking me into thinking that I'd be able to catch my breath by doing so, only to realize that the loss of momentum is the trap. Their trap. The idle silence that makes me think that yes, it is as bad as it seems and there is no getting out of it.

0 comments!:

Post a Comment