Sunday, November 2, 2014

Live Your Life For Those You Love

Hey guys.

It's hard to believe a week even passed by. Like. What did I do? I watched a lot of movies, that's what I did. 

In the wake of watching the movie "Weekend" (it really screwed me up), I was watching other movies to try and find something that made me feel the way that movie did. I failed. I watched two stupid movies (ugh), but I did end up watching the second Captain America movie and it was pretty amazing. Not gonna lie, I was hyped for it.

Today I watched "Boyhood", the movie that was made over the course of 12 years. Conceptually and in actuality, that aspect of the movie was amazing. To see these kids grow up before your eyes, it was incredible. It especially hit home for me because the main character is my age. He was growing up at the same time I was. He was living through the same things I was, just in different contexts. It was crazy. I'm really curious as to how much was planned out and how much they just kind of figured out as they went. 

(Other than the fact that it was long, 2 hours and 45 minutes. Guys.) I had a problem with it. He ended up becoming an asshole. I'm sorry, but I didn't like him. At all. Like, it just seemed like he didn't care about anything after a certain point. And I mean, I guess we got to see why that was, seeing him grow up, but I just hated it. What really got me was the way he said bye to his mom. Her life sucked throughout this whole thing and he didn't really care. And with his girlfriend too. And then it ended with him taking a weed brownie and going on a hike with a random? Like, no. It was so interesting to see his life, but I just didn't like his life. 

Anyway, sorry. I've been watching all these movies, looking for something. I don't know what yet. But when I figure it out, you will be the first to know. 

Why This Week Was Awesome: Wut? Movies I guess.
Times Eaten at Chipotle: 8
Books Read: 12
Airplanes Ridden: 18
Concerts Attended:18

0 comments!:

Post a Comment