Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mr. Riordan doesn't TRY to be awesome. It just comes naturally.

The Heroes of Olympus, Book One: The Lost Hero
NO SPOILERS HERE, SO DON'T WORRY.
Okay, so Kendall and I just finished Rick Riordan's first book of his new series, The Heroes of Olympus. That man is a GENIUS, no joke. It was mind-blowing--I've still got tiny bits of my brain on my sheets and bedroom walls. For a major part of the book, I was all, "What is going on????" And then he hits you at the very end like BAM! Kendall actually finished it before and he warned me not to read the last sentence before anything, no matter what. When I read that killer last sentence....WOW. 
Now we're at a loss as to what in the world we're going to do until the fall of 2011, a year from now, when the next book is scheduled to come out. But at least we know that we're all set for the next five years because the series will be a 5-er. Yes, we will still read these books throughout college.

GREAT STUFF.

--Fruity

0 comments!:

Post a Comment