Sunday, October 31, 2010

Homecoming 2010: X

Guess what?? (Well as you could have guessed by the title) this past week was HOMECOMING!!! *WOO* So I guess you could consider this post as our first official sequel post since it is the sequel to last year's Homecoming post (http://dft.ba/-homecoming09).
 So as you may already know, everyday has a specific theme to dress up for and accompanying activities. So throughout this blog post, I will share with you each day.

Day One: Fashion No-No Day
This is the day where you dress up in all crazy-kine clothes that do not match at all.
So this day's activities included the homecoming kick-off in which there is....well, a kick-off. Then at lunch there was an awesome obstacle course around the Center Courtyard. Our grade lost, but at least our very own Gavin Denzer participated!

Day Two: Pirates, Ninjas, Heroes, and Villians (Oh my!)
The title is pretty self explanatory......
Jen and I were both Ninjas

On this day, there was the annual musical chairs competition in the morning. It started off with about 30 people and then worked it's way down to one. Jen and I both competed; Jen lost at around the top 15 people, and I was about the 8th. Oh, and the winner get's an AMAZING prize: first class seating for lip sync. There were a bunch of activities during lunch that day, and the ones that I can remember are tug-of-war and a water ballon toss (Jen has Spanish tutoring on Tuesdays and Thursdays so she wasn't there). For some reason, our group of friends were the only ones present for the tug-of-war, so it ended up being Sid, Gavin, Rebecca, Krislyn, and myself competing for the Juniors. We were supposed to have ten people so two seniors came and helped us out. The second that it started, the rope broke, so that was ultimately a fail. Then there was a water ballon toss which Jen wanted to compete in, but she couldn't so Sid and I did. We failed. Oh now I remember, the other activity was eXtreme Twister. This was Twister, except it was a different mat and the were two-people teams, and one person was blindfolded and playing on the mat while the other was telling that person where to go. Our grade lost.
Day Three: Peace Day
This day was essentially "Hippie" day.
                                                                   We didn't have a picture together that day...
So on that fine Wednesday morning, they were giving out free yogurt and granola. Jen got both, while I only got the granola. Oh, and Jen got honey. She REALLY liked that honey. Also, we helped out Ms. Tamas set up the tie-dye station that was going to be going on all day. Jen and I both tie-dyed white shirts (pictures bellow) and therefore we completed a task for the list!! *WOO* Also during lunch there was a concert which featured the always amazing Vaeas and they were selling burgers and hot dogs. Good day.

 
Day Four: Halloween^3
So yeah, that may be weird that we were celebrating Halloween four days early, but it was the only place where it could fit!

Jen was some Asian chick, and I was Harry Potter.

In the morning, they were serving juicy blood (like, for realz). And also, we saw some pretty awesome costumes. Including Aang by our favorite senior Alex who actually SHAVED HIS HEAD!!! Also Sean dressed up in a pretty epic panda suit. There were a lot of other good ones, but too many to name. Then at lunch........Well this is the only day where I can't remember what happened. That's probably because I didn't even watch the lunch assembly...Oh and the Roberts made an AMAZING haunted house that was a TON of fun. I don't think that Jen got to go through it though... Lastly, there was Lip-Sync that day!! It was pretty good, I thought that our grade was better than I expected. My favorite part of ours was our J-Beibs performance.

Day Five: All-Out Raider Day
Finally, the day of Homecoming is HERE! This was the day where we went all out red, white, and black.

Sooooooo much happened this day, so I will approach it little by little. First off, in the morning, the Raider Mobile was going around giving out candy. Sadly, Jen and I were in W-Lab working on her sonnet so we got none of this beloved candy. Also, all throughout the day, the Roberts were doing face paintings, as seen in the picture.  Then at lunch there was Minute to Win it, which was just a bunch of fun competitions, and our grade won!!! *WOO* Oh and I forgot to mention that all the dress days and competitions added to each grade's spirt points. Then came Cheerfest at the end of the school day. Our cheer was okay, I'm actually not to sure how well we did. I was sitting next to a bunch of D-Bags who were pushing everyone down and stuff. I didn't really think any of the other grades were spectacular. I liked the 8th graders' moves, and the seniors who were just jumping up and down and stuff in front. Then there was the football game, which we won 42-7!!! *WOO* That was a pretty good time that would take way too much time to describe fully. After was the Ho'olaulea which was basically a performance showcase. Jen and Tiff went, but Shann, Kels, Rachel, Jaime, Ping, and I stayed behind. I later found out that Gavin and the Vaeas performed, I didn't get to see it, but I am sure that they were AMAZING!!! Then was the Burning of the 'I', which, again, is self-explanatory. If you still don't get it, look at the picture above. Then after that, we moseyed on down to the homecoming dance where we had a ton of fun. Well, actually some of us had fun. I guess I did have fun, but something particular happened that kind of ruined the night for me. Jen doesn't know what it is yet, and seeing as it is late, I don't think that she will see this tonight, and I probably will confront her about it tomorrow morning so I guess that I can talk about it here. I am still really mad at Jen for it, but I can't seem to stay mad at her. Like, I really just want to completely ignore her, or yell at her, or do something about it, but I can't be mad her because I just can't. I hate that, I wish that when we were mad at each other, we could just be mad at each other, but no, the world just forces us to de-madifiy our selfs. But I suppose that that is for the best, but still, I am super mad at her. 

Anyway, that's about it. This thing took me about an hour to write. Yeah, you're welcome. Tomorrow NaNoWriMo starts, which Jen will post about, so I guess that I am excited. Oh and one other thing, Jen, Tiff, and I are having a Harry Potter quote competition in honor of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 coming out on November 19. Exciting stuff. So yeah, that's about it, I am going to go get some sleep.

-Chewy

(Oh yeah, here are those Tie-Dye pictures)



 The top two are Jen's and the bottom one is mine. 
Jen actually made three, but I can't seem to find that picture. 

0 comments!:

Post a Comment