Monday, November 11, 2013

The Demons Sat There Waiting on her Porch

Hey guys... 

I'm a failure... Damn 3 day weekends, they always get you. 

Anyway, I actually do have something that I want to talk about today. I want to talk about how great and impactful meeting someone in person who you've looked up to for so long can be. 

Well, for context, the reason that this is on my mind is because I went to go see twenty one pilots in concert this past Tuesday and it was basically the best thing ever. First of all, they have been one of my new favorite bands since the beginning of this summer, but they are honestly just perfect. Just, gah, I can't even.

But yeah, we went to the concert (of course got to the front because that's what we do) and got to see Tyler and Josh perform all of their amazing songs literally a few feet away from us. I have a bunch of really great videos from it, but overall it was amazing because there were some parts where they just like to, you know, come out and play drums and sing and stuff on top of the crowd (I was holding Tyler's foot for a little) and also their so weird and crazy and passionate about what they do and I love it.

Then after the show, we ended up waiting a little over an hour and a half outside the venue, in the cold, for them to come out. You know that people like that care about their fans when they actually take the time to come out and greet them and talk to them at like one in the morning. But yeah, we got to meet them and take a picture with them and they were super nice and gracious and it was perfection. 

But basically, it continued to enforce for me how special meeting your idols and role models in person can be. I mean, this is how I felt last spring when I got to meet all those you tubers. When you're a fan of someone or something, you enjoy listening to, or watching, or reading what they do. But when you're in your room listening to a song, it's no where near the same as hearing them perform it in person. While it's great that we have the technology to do that, it will never replace how special something like that can be in person. I mean, even like a vlogger, you basically get to know them and see them right there in your screen everyday, but once you finally meet them and get to speak to them in person, it's an experience that can never be fulfilled by a video. 

Basically, I'm just really grateful that I've gotten to meet and see so many people that I adore and I'm excited for all the people I'm going to get to see in the future. I encourage all of you, even if it includes a few hours of being miserable waiting, to be a part of whatever fandom that you are in in real life because it will guaranteed make that experience a thousand times better. 

(oh, and you should check out my tumblr [alltaco32.tumblr.com] to see all the amazing pictures I got from the concert including the one with Tyler and Josh)

Why This Week Was Awesome: twenty one pilots
Books Read: 6 
Times Eaten At Chipotle: 12 (I think?) 
Song Stuck In My Head: 

0 comments!:

Post a Comment